TurboFloat allows you to add floating licensing to your application. TurboFloat comes in 2 parts:
The TurboFloat Server: the Windows Service / Unix daemon that issues the "floating licenses". This is what your customers will install on a computer somewhere on their network. Read more about distributing, installing, and configuring the TurboFloat Server.
The TurboFloat library: what you include with your application to allow for floating licensing. You can integrate it with your app using any programming language. Read on for specific language articles:
Use TurboFloat library with any programming language
You can integrate the TurboFloat library in your app no matter what programming language you use. Here are some tutorials:
- Using TurboFloat with C#
- Using TurboFloat with C, C++, & Objective-C
- Using TurboFloat with Delphi
- Using TurboFloat with Java
- Using TurboFloat with Visual Basic .NET
- Using TurboFloat with Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Using TurboFloat with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Need to integrate TurboFloat with another language and you're not sure how? Ask us on the forum.
Requirements for TurboFloat & TurboFloat Server
TurboFloat works on Windows XP through Windows 10, macOS (Mac OS X), and Linux:
- Windows XP
- Windows 2003 (and 2003 R2)
- Windows Vista
- Windows 2008 (and 2008 R2)
- Windows 7
- Windows 2012 (and 2012 R2)
- Windows 8 (and Windows 8.1)
- Windows 10
- Windows 2016
- macOS (Mac OS X) 10.5 and newer
There are no external dependencies. Also, TurboFloat works on the following CPU architectures:
- Windows: x86 and x64 (a.k.a. 32-bit and 64-bit)
- macOS (Mac OS X): Universal binary (x86, x64, and PPC)
- Linux: x86, x64, ARMv4, ARMv7-A, and ARMv8-A
Cross platform compatibility
Your app, using the TurboFloat library, can "talk" to the TurboFloat Server no matter which platform either the TurboFloat library or the TurboFloat Server are sitting on. For example your app could be running on Linux and talking to a TurboFloat Server running on Windows.
This gives your customers flexibility to install the TurboFloat Server instance on a computer that best fits their needs.