Sets the product key details including total allowed activations, email address, and all features for the product key.
- Your API application key. Your api key is available on your settings page.
- The id of the product key.
- The number of activations the product keys will have if this is a TurboActivate key. Or if this is a TurboFloat Server key (i.e. "for_tfs" is set to "true") then this is the number of allowed concurrent connections to the floating license server.
- The number of deactivation that will be allowed on the product key (to move the product key, and your software, to other computers). Possible valuses:
-2: Inherit the default deactivation limit from the product version.
-1: Unlimited deactivations.
9223372036854775807: Limited to the specified number of deactivations.
- An email to associate with the product key.
- One or more license fields to associate with the product keys.
- The values to associate with the field names. The number of values must match the number of field names provided in the
- One or more usernames to limit the TurboFloat Server activated with this key to only allow requests from the specified usernames. Read more about named-user / per-seat licensing here.
If you don't specify any "
uname_limit_name" parameters, then the product key will retain any usernames it previously had.
If you specify any "
uname_limit_name" parameters, then you'll replace all of the usernames that the product key previously had.
If you want to remove all the usernames from the product key, then just use a single username of an empty string.
- The platforms that the usernames will be allowed on. The number of platforms must match the number of usernames provided in the
0: The username will work from any platform.
1: The username will only work from Windows machines.
2: The username will only work from Mac OS X machines.
3: The username will only work from Linux machines.
- Whether the product key(s) generated will be for TurboFloat Server or not. If this is set to
truethen the key(s) will be for TurboFloat Server. Otherwise the keys will be for TurboActivate. Possible values:
- Whether the product key(s) generated will be able to be activated on virtual machines / hypervisors. Possible values:
inherit(which inherits the value you set for your product version).
This method has no specific response - It returns an empty success response if it completes without error.
1: Product key not found.
- No product keys found pkey_id supplied.
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid or has expired.
101: Method "xxx" not found
- The requested method was not found.
110: You only have N activations left in your plan.
- You have requested more activations than you have left in your plan. Upgrade your account for more activations.
111: You have no more activations left in your plan.
- There are no more activations in your account. Upgrade your account for more activations.
116: There must be equal amount of features as feature values.
- You have specified more
feature_valuevalues (or vice versa). There must be an equal number of
117: You must enter a value for the feature "feature name". It's a required feature.
- There's a required feature that you've forgotten to set. Either set the feature or mark the feature as not required.
118: Your account is in dormant mode. Re-enable your account.
- You cannot generate product keys when your account is in dormant mode. Re-enable your account and you will no longer get this error.
120: The number of activations allowed must be greater than or equal to the used activations.
- Make sure
num_actsis greater than or equal to the number of used activations for the product key.
153: You can't change from a TurboActivate key to a TurboFloat key (or vice versa) when the key has existing activations. Remove the existing activations from the key or don't change the key type.
- Changing a key type (from TA to TF or vice versa) is not allowed when there are existing activations for the key because it would put the existing activations in an undefined state. So there cannot be any activations for a product key if you want to change whether it's a TurboActivate or TurboFloat key.
142: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.