Manually activates using a "verified trial request" file and returns the "verified trial response" file. See the trial API for more information.
- Your API application key. Your api key is available on your settings page.
- The XML trial request output from TurboActivate (from the
The method returns the XML verified trial response that can be used by the
TurboActivate.UseTrialVerifiedFromFile() function to start the verified trial on that computer.
<track_resp_xml data="<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <Response>...</Response>"/>
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid or has expired.
101: Method "xxx" not found
- The requested method was not found.
115: Can't activate on the "serial" plan. Upgrade your account.
- You can't use verified trial from "Serial Plan" accounts. Upgrade your account to an activation plan.
118: Your account is in dormant mode. Re-enable your account.
- You cannot use verified trials when your account is in dormant mode. Re-enable your account and you will no longer get this error.
124: Verified trial request XML is missing or invalid.
- The 'track_req_xml' parameter is missing or contains an invalid verified trial request.
142: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.
143: You do not have permission to view or manually activate verified trials or the ability to create, edit, and delete trial extensions. Contact your account administrator(s).
- The account calling this web API function does not have sufficient permissions to "activate" verified trials.
145: Trials in VMs is not allowed.
- The product version in LimeLM is configured to not allow verified trials on VMs and the customer is trying to start a verified trial on a VM.
158: Trial has expired.
- The customer is re-activating an existing verified trial and the trial has already expired.
159: Trial length is 0.
- The trial length for the product version in LimeLM is 0. You must set it to a non-zero value for customers to use verified trials.