Generate product keys for a particular version.
- Your API application key. Your api key is available on your settings page.
- The id of the version to create the product keys in. You can get the version ID by examining the URL in your browser. For instance, from the URL
http://wyday.com/limelm/version/100/you can see the version ID is 100. (Note: The Version ID is not the Version GUID).
- The number of product keys to generate. If this is not set then the default value of 1 is used.
- The number of activations the product keys will have if this is a TurboActivate key. Or if this is a TurboFloat Server key (i.e. "for_tfs" is set to "true") then this is the number of allowed concurrent connections to the floating license server. If this is not set then the default value of 1 is used.
- The number of deactivation that will be allowed on the product key (to move the product key, and your software, to other computers). Possible valuses:
-2: Inherit the default deactivation limit from the product version.
-1: Unlimited deactivations.
9223372036854775807: Limited to the specified number of deactivations.
- An email to associate with the product keys.
- One or more license fields to associate with the product keys.
- The values to associate with the field names. The number of values must match the number of field names provided in the
- One or more tags to associate with the product keys.
- One or more usernames to limit the TurboFloat Server activated with this key to only allow requests from the specified usernames. Read more about named-user / per-seat licensing here.
- The platforms that the usernames will be allowed on. The number of platforms must match the number of usernames provided in the
0: The username will work from any platform.
1: The username will only work from Windows machines.
2: The username will only work from Mac OS X machines.
3: The username will only work from Linux machines.
- Whether the product key(s) generated will be for TurboFloat Server or not. If this is set to
truethen the key(s) will be for TurboFloat Server. Otherwise the keys will be for TurboActivate. Possible values:
- Whether the product key(s) generated will be able to be activated on virtual machines / hypervisors. Possible values:
inherit, which inherits the value you set for your product version).
The method returns the list of generated product keys.
<pkeys total="2"> <pkey id="103" key="A84U-ZTZT-V2WI-5KCK-EV5S-3PWK-K2TX"/> <pkey id="104" key="X8ZB-FRRK-PVWX-M3RY-YPE8-ARFM-N2TX"/> </pkeys>
100: Invalid API Key
- The API key passed was not valid or has expired.
101: Method "xxx" not found
- The requested method was not found.
108: The version id is missing.
- The version id was not specified.
109: The version doesn't exist or you don't have access to it.
- Check to make sure you have access to the version id you've passed in.
110: You only have N activations left in your plan.
- You have requested more activations than you have left in your plan. Upgrade your account for more activations.
111: You have no more activations left in your plan.
- There are no more activations in your account. Upgrade your account for more activations.
113: You only have N serials left in your plan.
- You have requested more serials than you have left in your plan. Upgrade your account for more serials. (Only applies to the Serial plan).
114: You have no more serials left in your plan.
- There are no more serials in your account. Upgrade your account for more serials. (Only applies to the Serial plan).
116: There must be equal amount of features as feature values.
- You have specified more
feature_valuevalues (or vice versa). There must be an equal number of
117: You must enter a value for the feature "feature name". It's a required feature.
- There's a required feature that you've forgotten to set. Either set the feature or mark the feature as not required.
118: Your account is in dormant mode. Re-enable your account.
- You cannot generate product keys when your account is in dormant mode. Re-enable your account and you will no longer get this error.
131: Tags must be less than 256 characters long.
- You can only use tags that are less than 256 character long.
132: Tags cannot contain the * character. The "TAG_NAME" tag violates this rule.
- Tags cannot contain the asterisk character.
142: Service currently unavailable
- The requested service is temporarily unavailable.
148: You can't set empty tags.
- Tags must consist of at least 1 character. Empty or null tags are rejected.