How to use VistaMenu
To use VistaMenu in your .NET program you first need to add ContextMenu, MainMenu, and VistaMenu controls to the Visual Studio toolbox:
- Download VistaMenu, and extract the zip archive somewhere on your computer.
- Right click the Toolbox and click 'Choose Items...'
- In the dialog that pops up, scroll down to 'ContextMenu' and click the check box.
- Also, scroll down even further to 'MainMenu' and click the check box.
- Now, press the 'Browse...' button and find the 'VistaMenu.dll' you downloaded and extracted earlier. Make sure it's checked in the list.
- Press 'OK' on the dialog box.
This should add all the necessary controls to the Toolbox. Now just drag the VistaMenu control to your form (you only need one VistaMenu per Form), a MainMenu, and any number of ContextMenus.
All you have to do now is click a menu items, and in the the Properties window select an Image. No messy ImageList is necessary:
You should know...
As I mentioned parenthetically above, you only need one VistaMenu per form. This one VistaMenu component handles all the MenuItems for the MainMenu and all ContextMenus on your Form. If you add more than one 'VistaMenu' component you'll waste resources and your program will likely crash.
Also, VistaMenu is for ContextMenus and MainMenus, not ContextMenuStrips and MenuStrips. They're completely different controls.