Downloads  |  Buy

Turboactivate frequency

Turboactivate frequency

Postby djnickburrett » October 6th, 2019, 5:51 pm

Right, I'm sure I've raised this a million times now but I don't feel I've ever fully understood the resolution, so I'm going to ask again, please be as helpful as possible as this is driving me mad.

I want users to be able to activate online and offline
I don't mind the software checking activation status online, however I don't want users without internet access to be cut off without warning.

The gripe from some of my clients is that they have purchased a yearly licence, and after every thirty days they get kicked out of the software because they choose not to connect their computer to the internet.

Sure I could change the checking period from every 30 days to every 365 days, but then monthly subscribers could get 11 months service without having to pay for it.

Am I missing an obvious solution?
djnickburrett

Re: Turboactivate frequency

Postby Wyatt » October 7th, 2019, 7:07 am

Us the default settings (90/30) for TA_IsGenuineEx(). When they're in the grace period and it fails, give them intelligent instructions (i.e. a subtle notification telling them what to do).

For checking custom license field expiration use TA_IsDateValid(). This is covered exhaustively in the custom license field article: https://wyday.com/limelm/help/license-features/
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby djnickburrett » October 15th, 2019, 7:08 am

Hi Wyatt

Please forgive my ongoing questions about the LimeLM integration, I am not a coder and I don’t believe my programmer has been able to fully understand what is and is not possible with LimeLM.

Please can you confirm that the following is achievable with LimeLM?

I want the software to check it is activated every 90 days.

If the activation check fails, I want to give the customer 30 days grace period, during which the customer will be informed in the software that they need to connect to the internet and recheck for activation.

I want the software to display the expiry date of the software that has been set in custom licence fields.

I want the software to enter the grace period if the expiry date set in the custom licence fields has passed.

In the case that the customer has activated offline, when the software enters the grace period, I want the customer to be able to generate a new signature file to activate offline again.

Kind Regards
Nick
djnickburrett

Postby Wyatt » October 15th, 2019, 1:17 pm

Hey Nick, yes, all of that is possible out of the box. The only thing you'll need to do is if you want this... :

>> "I want the software to enter the grace period if the expiry date set in the custom licence fields has passed."

... Then you'll need to manage that grace period in your software. But it's all possible and very well documented. Tell you developer to start by using the latest TurboActivate, reading the documentation and following the example.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Guest » November 3rd, 2019, 2:27 pm

Wyatt

This can be actioned in Adobe Air too right?

Postby Wyatt » November 3rd, 2019, 4:40 pm

Yes
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby djnickburrett » November 4th, 2019, 7:17 am

Sorry to ask again but my developer has once again asked me to clarify.

=====

Does the function GenuineDays work on Adobe AIR? If not, does if have any effect on being able to achieve my requirements below.

I want the software to check it is activated every 90 days.

If the activation check fails, I want to give the customer 30 days grace period, during which the customer will be informed in the software that they need to connect to the internet and recheck for activation.

I want the software to display the expiry date of the software that has been set in custom licence fields.

I want the software to enter the grace period if the expiry date set in the custom licence fields has passed.

In the case that the customer has activated offline, when the software enters the grace period, I want the customer to be able to generate a new signature file to activate offline again.

=====

ta.IsGenuineEx(90, 14, true);

What is the 14? Is that the trial period or the grace period?
djnickburrett

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support