Downloads  |  Buy

Installing the TurboFloat Server on Mac through installer

Installing the TurboFloat Server on Mac through installer

Postby optitex » September 19th, 2019, 3:02 am

Hi Wyatt!

There are samples for installing TurboActivate through installer (Inno Setup on Win and NSIS on Mac).

There are no samples to install TurboFloat Server through installer.
I achieved the installation of TFS on Windows by executing shell scripts through the Inno Setup installer.
However, I am unable to apply the same approach on Mac OS. I am using Packages to create installers on Mac.

Can you guide me as to what is the correct way to do this.

Thanks
optitex

Re: Installing the TurboFloat Server on Mac through installer

Postby Wyatt » September 20th, 2019, 9:07 am

>> "There are no samples to install TurboFloat Server through installer."

The example we have is a 1-liner commandline command: https://wyday.com/limelm/help/turbofloat-server/#install

sudo ./TurboFloatServer -i

That's really all customers need to know.

For customer unfamiliar with terminal, sudo, etc., etc., we're releasing a new product shortly that will let customers spin-up TurboFloat Server instances on our infrastructure without any technical knowledge.

This new product is already hinted at in that article.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby optitex » September 20th, 2019, 9:13 am

Thanks for the response.
optitex

Postby Kevin » October 4th, 2019, 4:52 am

"For customer unfamiliar with terminal, sudo, etc., etc., we're releasing a new product shortly that will let customers spin-up TurboFloat Server instances on our infrastructure without any technical knowledge."
You have been saying this since June. Could you tell us when it will be available? Please do understand that your customers have to provide some cloud-based licensing (i.e., hosted server) to their end users. I am afraid you cannot just keep saying "very soon" ;) .
Kevin

Postby Wyatt » October 4th, 2019, 6:26 am

>> "Could you tell us when it will be available?"

No. No hard date. ASAP. It'll be out when it's out.

Bottom line: we're working on it and we want to get it out as quickly as possible. We don't have public roadmaps (nor will we ever). We don't worry our customers with the technical difficulties or staffing efforts (it's our job to handle it). And lastly, we don't (anymore) give time estimates for products.

We will eventually change the last one. Namely, once we invest the time and resources into building a sufficiently accurate time estimation process we *might* start giving time estimates to customers again.

But long story short: it'll be out when it's out.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support