Downloads  |  Buy

MacOS Entitlements for Catalina

MacOS Entitlements for Catalina

Postby bkeeneysw » July 2nd, 2019, 11:07 am

Is there any guide to what we need to do to get macOS apps running with the upcoming 'Hardened Runtimes' requirement for Catalina?

We are creating a Xojo app using TurboActivate and AppWrapper from Ohanaware to help with code signing. Without Hardened Runtime option everything works fine but that option is selected I get a Fatal Error at startup. "Could not load PDetsFromPath from @executable_path/../Frameworks/libTurboActivate.dylb.".

We have a number of clients using TurboActivate so this one is going to be critical at some point with Catalina this fall. We'll continue to investigate and add information as we find it.
bkeeneysw

Re: MacOS Entitlements for Catalina

Postby Wyatt » July 2nd, 2019, 11:54 am

>> "Could not load PDetsFromPath from "

The error is telling you what is failing. Namely, it's failing to open the TurboActivate.dat file (likely because it cannot be found).
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby BKeeneySW » July 10th, 2019, 3:33 pm

Hm..well, but if I don't do App Hardening it works just fine. I guess I'll just have to do some more in-depth testing with App Hardening.

I suspect that this is going to be a very big deal for everyone building for macOS once Catalina is released.
BKeeneySW

Postby Fred » July 11th, 2019, 10:38 am

Thanks to Bob for drawing our attention to this point.

And again, the new Apple system will be a real pain !

Fred
Fred

Postby nab » July 13th, 2019, 1:08 am

hi guys,
regarding notarization, I came across this software:
https://latenightsw.com/sd-notary-notarizing-made-easy/

and it magically turns out that my app that contain TA was notarized

++
nab

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support