Downloads  |  Buy

wyUpdate versioning problem (always showing updates available)

wyUpdate versioning problem (always showing updates available)

Postby markm » March 25th, 2020, 7:48 pm

I've been having a problem for a long time where on certain pcs, the automatic updater always shows updates available, and so does wyUpdate.exe on the command line.

On others, the updater seems to work normally and will only show I have a new version when there actually is a new version.

I've followed the standard workflow and standard deployment. I build my update and client.wyc and deploy the updates to the server including client.wyc.

Seems like the reverse problem of: https://wyday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5369

Using: ForceCheckForUpdate(true);
And
this.cmpAutomaticWY_Updater.UpdateAvailable +=

UpdateAvailable triggers, and the gui element for the AutomaticUpdater states an update is available.

Yet running wyUpdate.exe all by itself will result in 'currently up to date'

running wyUpdate.exe /quickcheck /justcheck will result in %ERRORLEVEL% = 1

Which is supposed to indicate an error has occurred, but if I add /outputinfo=foo.txt there is no log created.

Why the discrepancy?
markm

Re: wyUpdate versioning problem (always showing updates available)

Postby markm » March 25th, 2020, 8:15 pm

Actually, some additional information..

When my application first starts up after an upgrade and AutomaticUpdater checks, it reports a new version is available.

But once it runs for a time, it settles in and finally reports that there are no updates. This is reproducible every single time.

After running the application a second/third/etc time with no upgrade having occurred, it then finally reports that there is no update availab.e
markm

Return to wyBuild, wyUpdate, & AutomaticUpdater Support