Downloads  |  Buy

Removing unused versions from WyBuild [Solved]

Removing unused versions from WyBuild [Solved]

Postby MarkC » November 2nd, 2018, 8:56 am

We've been publishing updates to our project for some time now, and in WyBuild, (Files & Folders) have many versions listed, many intermediate of which we know are no longer in use in production.
e.g.
WyBuild lists versions: 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5
where 1.1 and 1.3 are no longer installed and in use anywhere.

With around 20 versions, and source files of around 800M, we're eating several Gbytes of server storage every time we create a new update, as wyu files are created for each version-to-version permutation.

Is there a safe way to remove the unused versions (source files, updates and uploaded files) to free up disk space?

i.e: in the above example: If I remove version 1.1 and 1.3 from WyBuild, then can I also remove app.*.to.1.1.wyu, app.*.to.1.3.wyu, app.1.1.to.*.wyu, app.1.3.to.*.wyu, app.all.to.1.1.wyu and app.all.to.1.3.wyu?
MarkC

Re: Removing unused versions from WyBuild

Postby Wyatt » November 12th, 2018, 2:13 pm

Yes, you can remove all x.to.y.wyu files (where "y" is an old version). And you can remove any version in wyBuild that are no longer used by customers.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Re: Removing unused versions from WyBuild

Postby mhalt » May 8th, 2019, 8:46 am

Wyatt wrote:
> Yes, you can remove all x.to.y.wyu files (where "y" is an old
> version). And you can remove any version in wyBuild that are no longer used
> by customers.

Do you have a way of doing this programmatically? Currently, we are going onto the server and manually deleting the tabs in WyBuild.
mhalt

Return to wyBuild, wyUpdate, & AutomaticUpdater Support