In addition to using TurboActivate and LimeLM to offer world class online activation to your users, you can also manually activate users who aren't connected to the internet. That is, any user that runs on a closed network (power plants, governments, military, etc.) can still activate using TurboActivate and LimeLM.
How to use offline activation
There are 4 steps in the offline activation process:
- The user generates an "activation request" XML file by clicking "Save the Activation Request file" in the TurboActivate wizard (or use the
- Go to the manual activation page. You can find the link on your dashboard:
- Upload the "activation request" file to get the "activation response" file.
- Send the user the "activation response" file and the user will use "Open the Activation Response file" in the TurboActivate wizard (or use the
Automating the process
Of course you can automate this whole process using the LimeLM Web API. Namely, using the limelm.pkey.manualActivation function you can generate the activation response XML files.
The LimeLM Web API Pack has a "self-serve" web form written for PHP, C#, and VB.NET (see the included "manual-activation.php" or "manual-activation.aspx"). That is, if you integrate this form with your website you can automate the whole "offline" activation process.
For instance, if a user needs to use offline activation for whatever reason, they can go through the simple process:
- Get the activation request file.
- Go to the self-serve "offline activation" on your website and upload the file.
- Download and use the activation response file.
Your users won't need to contact your customer service at all. Your user saves time and you save money.