Help articles for LimeLM, TurboActivate & TurboFloat
Getting started with LimeLM: A quick introduction to LimeLM. Learn how to setup LimeLM, create your first product, integrate TurboActivate with your product, and integrating web API with your order processing.
Types of software licensing: This article will cover all of the major types of software licensing, give you different scenarios in which you might use them to sell to different types of customers, and how to use them in LimeLM.
What are Activations & Deactivations?: Explains what activations & deactivations are. Also how to enable or prevent your customer from moving your software between computers.
How hardware-locked licensing and online activation works: This long article explains, in the simplest terms, everything you need to know about proper software licensing: how it works, why it works that way, and how to tell true software licensing from snake oil.
How to switch your licensing to LimeLM, TurboActivate, and TurboFloat: A quick tutorial showing you how to switch from your old licensing system to LimeLM, TurboActivate, and TurboFloat. Also learn how to import your all product keys and data into LimeLM.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ): Some frequently asked questions about LimeLM, TurboActivate, and TurboFloat.
Adding users to manage your LimeLM account: Learn how to add users to your LimeLM so employees and contractors can manage your entire account or parts of it.
Custom license fields: Licenses fields are custom data that will signed along with the product key and hardware information when your users activate. Learn how to create new fields and use them in you app and website.
Extra activation data: You can pass extra data to the LimeLM servers when your customers activate. This extra data will be visible to you and makes it easier to tell separate activations apart — especially if the activations all take place behind the same IP address.
- Using TurboActivate with Adobe AIR
- Using TurboActivate with C#
- Using TurboActivate with C, C++, & Objective-C
- Using TurboActivate with Delphi
- Using TurboActivate with Java
- Using TurboActivate with Xojo (Real Studio / Real Basic)
- Using TurboActivate with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Using TurboActivate with Visual Basic .NET
If you're making a Mac OS X or Linux app, you should also check out these articles:
You can also integrate TurboActivate within your installer:
- Using TurboActivate with Inno Setup
- Using TurboActivate with NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)
Using the TurboActivate wizard: Learn about using the TurboActivate wizard — an optional executable that you can include with your application.
Timed trials in your app: How to add timed trials to your app and how to use and generate trial extensions. Also, learn about the differences between verified trials and unverified trials.
Basics for TurboFloat (floating licenses)
These articles cover the basics of using the TurboFloat library and the TurboFloat Server. This includes everything you need to know to get up and running with floating licenses in your software.
TurboFloat Server: How to distribute TurboFloat Server with your app. This covers everything you need to know about TurboFloat Server (installing, uninstalling, configuring, commandline options, etc.)
- Using TurboFloat with C#
- Using TurboFloat with C, C++, & Objective-C
- Using TurboFloat with Delphi
- Using TurboFloat with Java
- Using TurboFloat with Visual Basic .NET
- Using TurboFloat with Visual Basic 6 (VB6)
- Using TurboFloat with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
Offline activation: Learn how to manually activate users who aren't connected to the internet.
How to generate product keys after an order: Learn about our pre-built payment form example and how to configure it to fit your needs.
- Automate license generation with Authorize.Net
- Automate license generation with Skrill (a.k.a. Moneybookers)
- Automate license generation with PayPal
- Automate license generation with FastSpring
SaaS and time-limited licensing: How to use TurboActivate in tandem with the LimeLM web-api for Software as a Service (SaaS) licensing or permanent licenses with time-limited maintenance and servicing contracts.
Proxies in TurboActivate: Learn how TurboActivate reads proxies from your system and how to use custom proxies.
Licensing multiple products per process: Learn how to add licensing for multiple products (or plugins) within a single process.
Licensing from inside a virtual machine or hypervisor: Learn how to sell copies of your software when your customers user virtual machines. This includes:
- How to completely prevent trials in virtual machines.
- How to disallow customers from activating your software from within a virtual machine.
- How to make money from customers that want to or need to run in a virtual machine. This is done using floating licenses.
- All the web API functions for integrating LimeLM into your web applications & purchase processes.
Visit our forum and ask us. There's no registration necessary.