Help articles for LimeLM, TurboActivate & TurboFloat
Getting started with LimeLM: A quick introduction to LimeLM. Learn how to setup LimeLM, create your first product, integrate TurboActivate with your product, and integrating web API with your order processing.
How hardware-locked licensing and online activation works: This article explains, in the simplest terms, everything you need to know about proper software licensing: how it works, why it works that way, and how to tell true software licensing from snake oil.
How to switch your licensing to LimeLM & TurboActivate: A quick tutorial showing you how to seamlessly switch from your current licensing system to LimeLM and TurboActivate.
Adding users to manage your LimeLM account: Learn how to add users to your LimeLM so employees and contractors can manage your entire account or parts of it.
Custom license fields: Licenses fields are custom data that will signed along with the product key and hardware information when your users activate. Learn how to create new fields and use them in you app and website.
Extra activation data: You can pass extra data to the LimeLM servers when your customers activate. This extra data will be visible to you and makes it easier to tell separate activations apart — especially if the activations all take place behind the same IP address.
- Using TurboActivate with Adobe AIR
- Using TurboActivate with C#
- Using TurboActivate with C, C++, & Objective-C
- Using TurboActivate with Delphi
- Using TurboActivate with Java
- Using TurboActivate with Real Studio (Real Basic)
- Using TurboActivate with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Using TurboActivate with Visual Basic .NET
If you're making a Mac OS X or Linux app, you should also check out these articles:
You can also integrate TurboActivate within your installer:
- Using TurboActivate with Inno Setup
- Using TurboActivate with NSIS (Nullsoft Scriptable Install System)
Using the TurboActivate wizard: Learn about using the TurboActivate wizard — an optional executable that you can include with your application.
Timed trials in your app: All about adding timed trials to your app and how to use and generate trial extensions.
Offline activation: Learn how to manually activate users who aren't connected to the internet.
How to generate product keys after an order: Learn about our pre-built payment form example and how to configure it to fit your needs.
- Automate license generation with Authorize.Net
- Automate license generation with Skrill (a.k.a. Moneybookers)
- Automate license generation with PayPal
- Automate license generation with FastSpring
SaaS and time-limited licensing: How to use TurboActivate in tandem with the LimeLM web-api for Software as a Service (SaaS) licensing or permanent licenses with time-limited maintenance and servicing contracts.
Proxies in TurboActivate: Learn how TurboActivate reads proxies from your system and how to use custom proxies.
Licensing multiple products per process: Learn how to add licensing for multiple products (or plugins) within a single process.
Licensing from inside a virtual machine or hypervisor: Learn how to sell copies of your software when your customers user virtual machines. This includes how to completely disallow customers from running your software from within a virtual machine, if that's what you want.
- All the web API functions for integrating LimeLM into your web applications & purchase processes.
Visit our forum and ask us. There's no registration necessary.