bright, fresh software
Downloads  |  Buy

Testing Trials

Testing Trials

Postby Jason » March 19th, 2012, 9:55 am

I'm having trouble getting trials working and finding it impossible to test, since all my computers have installed the product and are ineligible for a trial. Trial extensions DO work, so there's no reason to test that. Is there a debug mode for trials?
Jason

Re: Testing Trials

Postby Wyatt » March 19th, 2012, 12:31 pm

Is there a debug mode for trials?

Not right now. We've considered adding a trial extension option where you can generate a "reset" trial extension. That is, it resets the trial for that computer. We're still on the wall about it.

I'm having trouble getting trials working and finding it impossible to test ....

What troubles are you having?
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Jason » March 19th, 2012, 1:04 pm

"What troubles are you having?"

It doesn't work. At least I've never seen it work and potential customers are complaining that they don't get a trial, they just are prompted for a product key.

You can let me know if it works for you. Here are the installers:

https://www.directathletics.com/meetpro/MeetPro.dmg

https://www.directathletics.com/meetpro/MeetProInstaller.exe
Jason

Postby Wyatt » March 19th, 2012, 3:21 pm

I tested the Windows version of your app and here's what I found:

The TurboActivate.dat file you're including with your product has the "Trial days" set to 0. Set the correct amount in LimeLM, download the new TurboActivate.dat, then include that TurboActivate.dat in your product.

Does that make sense?

You also have one other unrelated problem that you should probably fix. When your app is not activated the "MeetPro" menu has a "DeActivate" menu instead of an "Activate" menu. You obviously want the user to activate when they're not activated.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Jason » March 19th, 2012, 4:51 pm

Thank you!
Jason

Postby elkins » April 2nd, 2012, 6:54 pm

Hey Wyatt, I appreciate the help you've given so far on this issue. It seems that our trials are still not working. It seems to me that when the app is installed that the trials days count is still not set above 0. We have our app trial period set to 10 days on this website and have replaced the TurboActivate.dat file. I tried to take a look at this file but it appears to be compiled. Is there a way I can check this file to make sure that it's trial days is 10? If not, could you take a look to make sure that it is?
elkins

Postby Wyatt » April 2nd, 2012, 7:59 pm

Send the TurboActivate.dat file to me and I'll take a look.

Also, you should know that including a new TurboActivate.dat with your app won't reset the trial. So if the problem is that including this new TurboActivate.dat doesn't extend the trial of users, then this is by design. You'll want to give these users trial extensions.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Jason » April 4th, 2012, 3:32 pm

Wyatt, where should I send the file?
Jason

Postby Wyatt » April 4th, 2012, 3:52 pm

You can send it to me: wyatt@wyday.com
Wyatt
Site Admin

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support