bright, fresh software
Downloads  |  Buy

Adding TurboActivate to my Autorun Media Studio application

Adding TurboActivate to my Autorun Media Studio application

Postby Kaase » January 18th, 2012, 2:48 pm

Hi, I have generated a TuruboActivate and don't have an idea on how to add it to my application. I am using using IndigoRose - Autorun Media Studio.

When i add this to the on started ACTION (to start the license) even when cancel it the application still continue to execute. i actually want to know how to go about this cos i am developing for the first time and really in love with LIM (TurboActivate) Technology.

Can anyone help?

Kaase
www.justclickk.com
Kaase

Re: Adding TurboActivate to my application

Postby Wyatt » January 18th, 2012, 3:35 pm

Hey Kasse,

Are you distributing your app using an installer? If so, that might be the best place to add TurboActivate to your app. We have one example of that here: Using TurboActivate with Inno Setup.

Or does the Autorun Media Studio have another distribution method? If so we can help you integrate TurboActivate with it.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Re: Adding TurboActivate to my Autorun Media Studio applicat

Postby Kaase » January 18th, 2012, 4:43 pm

Thanks for hearing me out!

I am distributing the application using installers like the once below;

1) Setup Factory v9 : http://www.indigorose.com/products/setup-factory/
2) Advance Installer : http://www.advancedinstaller.com/

But don't know how to do this, i want it such that once the key is not verified passed the application should terminate at that point. i will be very glad if this solution is available.

I have few day for my TurboActivate trial and will like to pick a license possibly.

Kaase
Kaase

Postby Wyatt » January 18th, 2012, 7:13 pm

You have a few options:

1. Integrate TurboActivate just in your installer.
  2. Just integrate TurboActivate in your AMS app.
  3. Integrate TurboActivate with your installer and your Autorun Media Studio (AMS) app

Option 1 is the easiest. We have a tutorial and full example showing how to use TurboActivate with Inno Setup (a free installer).

Option 2 & 3 are a bit harder because you have to write the wrapper that will call TurboActivate. You will have to use the "DLL.CallFunction(...)" in your AMS app.

If I were you I'd integrate with your installer now (Inno Setup is recommended because it looks nice, it's free, and we already have a fully written example). Then, if you want we can help you integrate TurboActivate directly in your AMS app. We don't have any experience with AMS apps, but I'm sure we can figure it out.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Kaase » January 19th, 2012, 1:25 am

Ok. Please you have to let me know what AMS Application is? dont seem to get it.

I now have inno setup installer which you promiss its easier for a beginer like me. But you see, the installer dialogue seem not to be custmisable ie give it a professional look, also no install and hide or as system files, but setup factory has all these features.

I will prefer you guys integrate it into my application (AutoRun Media Studio) this media studio has a code environment that calls/debug anything. So how do we get started so as to integrated it into my application. I upload the demo version for you if necessary please.

Kaase
Kaase

Postby Wyatt » January 19th, 2012, 2:31 am

Please you have to let me know what AMS Application is?

AMS = AutoRun Media Studio.

but setup factory has all these features.

Ok, we'll but together a Setup Factory example. It might take us a week and a half.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Kaase » January 19th, 2012, 5:52 am

I think i will wait for you, since that will give me what i want. A week and half is not too much, but please try your best as i look forward to your support.

Thank

Kaase
Kaase

Postby Kaase » January 27th, 2012, 4:26 am

Pls. do like to remind this support team i am waiting for the process of adding TurboActivate using setup factory. If there is hope i will like to pay for a license today using my mastercard. let me no.

I have also tried Using Inno Setup but dint understand the proceedure after reading over-and-over the tutorial u guys put for it.

If you guys really want to support non-programmer who are into software development, you just have to put a video tutorial on this Integration of License into Inno setup and other populer appls like setup factory and Advnace installer.

I will really appreciate if a video tutorial is made available for me in both Innosetup and Setup Factory.

Thanks
Kaase

Postby Wyatt » January 27th, 2012, 9:44 pm

Don't worry we haven't forgotten about you. We're putting together the Setup Factory and AMS example.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby Kaase » January 28th, 2012, 3:00 am

Thank you so much, you guys are just the best from my survey and its the reason iam insisting to have your LimeLM.
Kaase

Next

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support