bright, fresh software
Downloads  |  Buy

Revoking and deleting

Revoking and deleting

Postby julianjk » October 1st, 2011, 6:29 am

I am confused about revoking/deleting.

Is the following correct?
I can delete licenses on the free acct if they were used for testing but not if they were sold?

If that is correct how do you distinguish trials and sales?

Eg I have a license I have sent for reviews which were never activated. Can I delete these? There is no email acct attached to this license.

I was seeking to resell licenses on the free account until the volume of sales warranted a paid account, since my sw is priced low and sales are very small yet (because awareness is low). As hits increase over time, sales as a percentage of hits will increase until there will be enough volume to support upgrading.

If I cannot resell licenses on the free acct this would prevent me from building up volumes to warrant a paid acct.

I appreciate you do not want people making money from a free account, however the money I would make on a free account is negligable and it is sensible for me to increase volume to warrant an upgrade thereby you would see a return in the long run. Is this permissable?
julianjk

Re: Revoking and deleting

Postby Wyatt » October 1st, 2011, 6:40 am

Hey Julian,

Is the following correct?
I can delete licenses on the free acct if they were used for testing but not if they were sold?

That's not correct. I'm not sure where you read that. The truth is that in the free accounts it's impossible to delete product keys. It's just a limitation we put into place.

If you're using a monthly account (or you update to one) then you can delete as many product keys as you want.

Eg I have a license I have sent for reviews which were never activated. Can I delete these? There is no email acct attached to this license.

You can't delete them in the free account because it's impossible. You can re-use them, though. Or you can upgrade to a paid account and delete them.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Re: Revoking and deleting

Postby julianjk » October 1st, 2011, 6:47 am

Thanks for quick and helpful reply as always.

I understand now, that's great, thank you.
julianjk

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support