Paypal validation fails

Re: Paypal validation fails

Postby mks » August 15th, 2011, 11:50 am

' PayPal returns "VERIFIED" if it's a valid order

this bit is true, it it helps. Should have also have included in previous post
mks

Postby Wyatt » August 15th, 2011, 12:07 pm

A response of "VERIFIED" does not mean that PayPal has accepted the payment. It just means that whatever was posted to "paychecker.aspx" was indeed sent from PayPal (and not from some user trying to get a free license). For instance PayPal could be sending you a notification that the payment was rejected and it would still be "VERIFIED".

In other words, there's something wrong with your PayPal sandbox that everything is getting posted as Pending rather than Completed. I'd talk to PayPal about this.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby mks » August 15th, 2011, 3:36 pm

Hi

I think the payment status="pending" issue is currency related. If I accept payments in USD instead of GBP (i.e. do not use Paypal currency conversion, let the credit card company do it), then the payment status="Complete". I tried this in non-sandbox mode and it works. In sandbox mode I also created a USD user, but it doesn't work for some reason. Who knows

A problem now appearing is that 1 paypal payment is generating multiple keys ( 8 keys over the space of 1 hr!). Currently the Paypal API looks to be too buggy to be honest

Its a pity because Paypal collects UK VAT which is very useful. I can use it in the meantime but without the API
mks

Postby mks » August 15th, 2011, 4:17 pm

as of now its generated 11 keys
please help!
mks

Postby Wyatt » August 15th, 2011, 4:25 pm

It looks like product keys are being generated correctly. The "Pending" failures from earlier are now being completed by PayPal -- they're just being slow about it. Here's what I would recommend:

1. Delete the generated product keys.
  2. Cancel any pending payments in PayPal and the sandbox.
  3. Revert the paychecker.aspx.vb file to the one included in the Web API Pack.

Then run a single sandbox payment with the currency & price set to what you want. Set the quantity to something you haven't used before so you can tell that this is a new test. Then wait for it to be completed.

Does this make sense?
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby mks » August 15th, 2011, 6:08 pm

well we get status quo ante, with a GBP test user and a USD price

If I can quote from the log entry:

Log Entry :
08/16/2011 00:00:05
http://www.hallion-systems.com/buy/paychecker.aspx?paypal=1PP Payment Status <> Completed. Returned Status = Pending; Payer email: paypal_1313448057_per@hallion-systems.com; Quantity: 6

Log Entry :
08/16/2011 00:00:05
http://www.hallion-systems.com/buy/paychecker.aspx?paypal=1PP validation failed
mks

Postby Wyatt » August 15th, 2011, 6:24 pm

Yes, a "Pending" response is a failure. Wait to see if PayPal eventually sends a "Completed" response.
Wyatt
Site Admin

Previous

Return to LimeLM, TurboActivate, & TurboFloat Support