bright, fresh software
Downloads  |  Buy

It does not update file

Re: It does not update file

Postby ibrahimÖ » April 27th, 2012, 12:27 pm

if I copy the client.wyc file to another computer, the update works fine ... only on some computer it does'nt run...
ibrahimÖ

Postby Guest » April 27th, 2012, 12:33 pm

>>>1. Is the AutomaticUpdater on the main form of your application?
no, but on a separate form that shown before the user shutdown the application ... not on the main form ... because we check the update on BEFORE the applications shutdown.

>>>2. Does the main form of your application only get called once? (That is, you're not creating more than one copy of the window within your process)
yes, definitely

>>>Are you only using 1 AutomaticUpdater instance in your app?
yes, definitely

Postby altmario » May 13th, 2012, 11:52 am

Hi all,
I am experiencing the same problem. The "check for updates" run OK, without errors, but the returned message is "You are already running the latest version" and this is not true! I am developing a windows forms .net application.
Thanks
altmario

Postby Wyatt » May 13th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Double click the client.wyc file. What does the version number say? Then download the "wyserver.wys" file from your server. Double click it. What does the latest version number on that say?

If they're the same, or if the wyserver.wys file has a "greater" version number, then your app will report "no updates available".
Wyatt
Site Admin

Postby altmario » May 14th, 2012, 8:20 am

Hy Wyatt,

thanks for your suggestion. The problem was the wrong client.wyc file in the application setup.
altmario

Previous

Return to wyBuild, wyUpdate, & AutomaticUpdater Support